Wednesday, May 23, 2007

More Wednesday, May 23 in the news.....

  • Google’s ambition to maximise the personal information it holds on users is so great that the search engine envisages a day when it can tell people what jobs to take and how they might spend their days off. This is a long way from the original vision of the founders, who were just keen to hack online games and leave their calling card of 'I'm in Ur Base Killin Ur Doodz'.

  • The days of long, luxurious showers are gone as Aussies heed the water-saving message, a new poll shows. The Home Beautiful magazine survey of 740 people found almost 80 per cent showered for 5-10 minutes. The other 20 per cent apologised for the smell before taking the survey.