February 3 in the news.....
- Fatah and Hamas clashed at Cabinet ministries, universities and security headquarters Saturday in defiance of a truce that was to have calmed the seething Gaza Strip. Twelve people were wounded by late morning, hospital officials said, and Fatah said Hamas kidnapped 40 of its security officials at roadblocks. Meanwhile across the world, kids anxiously await a video game based on it.
- Italy is in shock after football violence claimed a second life in six days and brought a halt to all Italian championships until further notice. Scores of people were also injured as fans fought running battles with police for several hours. German soccer fans shook their heads and said they would send their own soccer fans to aid the Italian ones and end the battles with police in half the time.
- President George W Bush seeks $100 billion for wars in 2007, and a spokesman for the President said if he doesn't get it he will stamp his feet and whinge that muslims get to war whenever they want. Congress responded by asking if every muslim jumped off a cliff would he do it but Bush refused to answer after 5000 militant muslims in the Middle East committed suicide this way anticipating a yes.
- French President Jacques Chirac said this week in a speech that he was not overly worried if Iran had a nuclear weapon or two. The French President said he was not overly worried if Iranians threatened Paris. Chirac said he would work with the Iranians instead. He also was not overly worried if France's name changed to French Iran.
- US intelligence experts painted a gloomy picture of Iraq in a report Friday, but US stupidity experts painted a fantastic one, with the guys from Jackass praising the idiocy of the sectarian insurgency.