Wednesday, August 8 in the news.....
- In Sydney, a Bulldogs rugby league player Damon Alley-Tovio has been charged with assault, stealing a car and drink-driving after an incident at a hotel in the city last week. He is expected to plead Rugby Player when he faces court.
- A New York City Bill is set to ban use of the words 'bitch' and 'ho'. P Diddy and Jay-Z are set to make Johnson City their new home base in New York State.
- Britain has confirmed its second foot and mouth disease case. The second case was within a 10-km radius protection zone from where the first case was confirmed. The U.S. was going to offer assistance but President Bush overruled saying they already think he has a confirmed case of foot in mouth disease over there.
- Georgia has accused Russia of firing missiles from jet fighters at one of their villagers, when told of the accusations Russian President Vladimir Putin said "They prefer poisonings?"
- Preschoolers preferred the taste of burgers and fries when they came in McDonald's wrappers over the same food in plain wrapping, U.S. researchers said. The research was conducted after it was discovered how the crew on the set of Michael Moore's movies improvised when a McDonald's wasn't in range of the scenes shot.