Sunday, August 02, 2009

Conversations Between America and Australia: An Expedition to Civilisation's Cultural Culmination through Westernism

Exhibit #13 - The Cloned Path Of Celebrity


Jamie
I started watching Road Trip Beer Pong here, not sure what to think so far

Josh
Never seen it

Jamie
So far the skinny guy is back, and they have a total Ashton Kutcher looking hack in Stifler's role, right down to the GQ beard

Josh
Uh huh

Jamie
It's disgusting how far they'll go to replicate Ashton Kutcher, I actually thought it was him at first

Josh
Isn't he still doing movies?

Jamie
Oh and I just realised, the lead actor is a Hayden Christensen hack. They're going for an Elvis performance at Vegas with a second Road Trip movie, I guess movies can do that

Josh
They can

Jamie
Ashton wouldn't do this with his big Twitter celeb now, it's a sequel to a middle of the road teen movie, he would laugh if handed the script
But not his look-a-like, oh no


Josh
You're not a big twitter celeb
Although bogut does talk to you


Jamie
Yeah, how much do I f**king rock, the BOGEYMAN.


Exhibit #14 - An Alert Travels From Hesperia's Forbidden Fields


Jamie
Oh before I forget, this blog is the main Aussie libertarian blog http://blog.libertarian.org.au/ Vox might be interested in it, they recently reviewed Jonah Goldberg's book too, of which I participated in the comments there

Spacebunny
Cool, thanks, I'll check it out

Jamie
If I was sending that to Vox I'd prefer a remote-controlled four wheeler I can zoom into his quarters with a big sign and a painted middle finger on it, with the link below. That should get his attention.

Spacebunny
you might be surprised...

Jamie
Circle it around... add some nerf rockets to it....

Spacebunny
now you're talkin'


Exhibit #15 - The Scots at Culloden. The British at Bunker Hill. The French at Waterloo.


Nathan
Julie got an Iphone.
my world is collapsing around me


Jamie
ah, Joe Farah got one too, his was the coolest revelation "Papa got a brand new iphone"

Nathan
how embarassing.

Jamie
Joe Farah is style baby! He dyes the mo and lets the rest grey

Nathan
you love mustache men

Jamie
that's a heck of a moustache


Exhibit #16 - Sloth And Excess Reign Across The Land Of The Victorious


Jamie
I just heated up some pizza from last night

Larry
ah... sounds good. I'm very full from my quesadillas.

Jamie
what are they

Larry
A quesadiila?

Jamie
we don't do mexican here, hardly anyone has heard of mexican

Larry
It'a tortilla with cheese and in this case chicken.

Jamie
what's a tortilla

Larry
a tortilla is a flat round piece of bread.

Jamie
okay like a pita bread?

Larry
noo.. flatter

Jamie
must be pretty flat

Larry
very
you think you want to get fat on American fast food?
NOOO you want to get fat on Mexican food


Jamie
I don't know. they're not exactly my vision of USA fatness

Larry
seriously... you'll go nuts for mexican food

Jamie
yeah but it's not yank shit, I don't see fat Mexicans, I see fat Anglo-Saxons